Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
As part of Strike’s small legal team, you will help shape the legal, product, and business strategy for an innovative fintech company. We’re seeking an attorney with financial services, product counseling, and/or in-house tech company experience. This cross-functional role blends product, regulatory, and commercial counsel responsibilities, and requires an autodidactic mindset to tackle legal issues in collaboration with a range of internal teams.
You must be comfortable with a team-first approach in a remote work environment. This role reports directly to the General Counsel, initially does not have direct reports, and is based in the US.
- Partner with a range of internal teams, including the Executive, Product, Business, Engineering and Data Science, Compliance, CX, Comms, and Marketing teams, to identify and solve legal challenges throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- Navigate a complex regulatory and commercial landscape and advise the company on how to design and launch innovative products and services in various jurisdictions.
- Lead negotiations around key commercial agreements from a variety of domains.
- Manage and optimize engagement with outside counsel in the U.S. and international jurisdictions.
- Research novel legal questions and provide clear and actionable guidance to internal clients.
- Help drive Strike’s regulatory engagement strategy, manage incoming regulatory matters, and lead the process to obtain additional licensing.
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 5+ years of legal work experience
- Extensive background in drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software and cloud-based tools as needed
- 10+ years of legal work experience
- At least one of the following work experiences:
- Top law firm or state or federal clerkships
- Financial regulator at the state or federal level
- In-house legal teams at technology companies (ideally fintech)
- Legal education: degree from top law school or recognized academic achievement in law school
- Experience with:
- Cryptocurrency or payments space
- International expansion
- Partnering with outside counsel in international contexts
- Commercial relationships relevant to fintech
- Salary range: $220-$260K. The actual salary will be determined using location and experience based data.
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance premium contributions; short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, sick leave & parental leave
- Access to participate in a company 401k plan
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $220k - $260k
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Equity Compensation, Medical Insurance, Pto, Vision Insurance
Receive similar jobs:
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|New York, United States|| ||Apply|