Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Our Platform Organizationâs purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platformfocuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Cloud Platform Engineer
In this role, you will be an integral part of leading Geminiâs engineering teams towards modern DevOps practices.
The Compute Engineering team is a part of our larger Platform organization and maintains the physical data centers and Kubernetes-based infrastructure that powers Gemini. As an engineer on this team, youâll work on the on-prem infrastructure, building out Kubernetes as a multi-regional deployment, along with defining auxiliary services, like a cohesive service mesh architecture. With users and engineers around the world, reliability, scalability, efficiency and high availability are our teamâs core concerns.
- Maintain a Linux(Debian) fleet of servers
- Perform occasional maintenance on physical servers in datacenter (NJ)
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes infrastructure (AWS EKS) along with other AWS Cloud services
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity
- Optimize existing systems/services to improve performance and efficiency
- Systematically improve availability by applying industry and distributed systems best practices
- Work cross-functionally across the Platform organization to deliver great infrastructure ergonomics for our engineers
- As we grow, globally leverage edge computing to bring processing capabilities closer to the end user
- Strong product and customer centric design approach
- Cloud technologies and providers like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Physical maintenance of servers
- Containerization and Container orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Service discovery and service mesh technologies such as Istio, Linkerd
- Infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform
- Proficient in scripting and/or Python, or Golang
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $120,000 - $168,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.