- Leading the strategic direction, compliance operations, training and advisory support in relation to the Australian business and its AFS licence.
- Develop, implement and maintain robust compliance policies, procedures, controls, and frameworks in line with ASIC and legislative requirements.
- Engaging cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement an effective compliance management program in line with the global standards and industry best practices.
- Ensuring compliance with the AFSL obligations.
- Supervise the team of Compliance Officers, including the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Oversee compliance reviews and investigations.
- Prepare Compliance reports, including reports to management and the board, and other materials as required by direct and matrix stakeholders and submit timely.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Previous regulatory / supervisory / compliance experience in the derivatives industry.
- Detailed knowledge of the AFS licensee and ASIC requirements.
- Experience relating to derivatives, managed investment schemes and/or payments will be assessed favourably.
- Minimum of 4 years experience within a similar position (Head of Compliance, Responsible Manager etc).
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the crypto industry.
- Being proactive about monitoring effectiveness of controls post implementation of relevant compliance practices.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Degree in Law, Accountancy, Finance, Economics or in a related subject; or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Previously determined by ASIC to be fit and proper
- Previous experience as a Responsible Manager
- Prior experience interacting with ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Prior experience working in a US multinational or matrix environment
- Prior experience working in the crypto industry
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $54k - $100k *
Location: NSW Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: