Monad Labs is a venture-backed tech startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad combines unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) with portability (full EVM equivalence), leveraging innovations in parallel execution and distributed consensus.
Founded byJump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance decentralized system. We are backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Placeholder, and others.
After strict focus on developing our core technology, Monad blockchain is quickly approaching its Testnet v0 release. Ahead of that launch, we are excited to welcome a Developer Relations Engineer to lead the growth of Monad’s early builder community.
You will take on the critical responsibility of evangelizing Monad’s technology to experienced smart contract developers, explaining Monad’s unique selling points and showing them how easy it is to use Monad.
As the principal liason between builder communities and our engineering team, you will educate builders on Monad’s technology and uncover developer pain points that drive our team’s future priorities.
You’ll determine the most effective mechanisms for educating the community about Monad’s technology - a combination of talks at conferences, blog posts, videos, and documentation.
Required prior experience:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in DevRel for a layer-1 or layer-2 blockchain
- Excellent knowledge of Solidity and Typescript; strong knowledge of what it takes to ship a dapp
- Public speaking/teaching experience
- Technical writing experience
Required personal attributes:
- Low ego
- Organizational skills
- Extremely strong work ethic
- Ambition/desire to make a massive impact
- Ability to travel globally for conferences and hackathons
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of helping decentralization scale
- Experience starting a DevRel program from scratch
- Experience in early-stage startups
- Existing relationships with builder communities, incubators, or university blockchain groups
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll evangelize Monad’s technology to experienced Solidity developers, explaining Monad’s unique selling points and showing them how easy it is to use Monad.
- You’ll act as the principal liason between builder communities and our engineering team.
- You’ll develop educational content (blog posts, instructional videos) to teach developers how to benefit from Monad.
- You’ll build Monad’s developer community through discord, livestreams, and events, collaborating with the community team and growth team to host virtual and in-person events.
- You’ll build relationships with other crypto communities, incubators, and university groups. We’ll collaborate through projects like hackathons or events.
- You’ll aggregate feedback from the community to prioritize feature requests and improvements.
- You’ll hire other DevRel advocates and mentor junior members of the team.
- In the early days, your job will be to focus on the most immediate initiatives (evangelizing Monad to experienced Solidity developers), as well as growing the DevRel team.
What’s unique about the role
- You’ll be building a DevRel program from scratch. You’ll have significant responsibility to shape the culture and direction of our effort, and your work will be massively impactful.
- Monad’s technology is unique. We go where very few teams go (rewriting the VM to enable parallelization and other optimizations; extreme emphasis on performance optimization). Our technology will be a meaningful step forward for the crypto ecosystem by enabling much wider adoption of more sophisticated and useful apps.
Why work with us
- You’ll meaningfully advance the growth of decentralization by helping Monad’s technology reach many more developers
- You’ll be part of a small, exceptionally talented team
- You’ll wear many hats and take on significant responsibilities
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and equity package
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling much cheaper and more efficient decentralized computation and ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives.
Working at Monad Labs means doing challenging work on a high-impact problem with exceptional teammates.
Here are some of the people you’ll work with:
- James, performance engineering expert and system architect; previously designed and built ultra-low-latency systems for a top high-frequency trading team at Jump Trading;
- Ariq, expert at low-level firmware and software programming; previously a senior engineer at Arista Networks, where he served as lead maintainer on multiple linux kernel networking drivers for Arista EOS devices;
- Aashish, expert systems designer and hacker, previously the first engineer at Pattern Research, a leading crypto HFT firm, where he designed and built the entire trading stack from scratch
We think you’ll enjoy working with us, and that you’ll find the work to be extremely impactful and challenging.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $150,000 - $200,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together a few days a week. We are open to remote candidates, with a preference for candidates based in or able to relocate to NYC.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM
This job is closed
Compensation: $150k - $200k
Location: NY New York City, New York, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: