At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is looking for a Business Development leader to work and develop relationships with central banks, commercial banks and other relevant partners in and around Asia Pacific, with a focus on supporting Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiatives. Key to success will be close collaboration and coordination with other cross-functional teams at Ripple. You will also be an inquisitive leader on the intersection of blockchain technology and central banks, including the future of CBDCs.
Ideal candidates have a strong business development and sales background, subject matter expertise, a track record for closing first-of-a-kind deals, a proven ability to engage with senior executives at financial organizations, a far reaching network in financial services, and a strong understanding of the FinTech and Blockchain ecosystems in Asia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Further develop Ripple’s strategy for central bank engagements in partnership with Ripple leadership, product management, engineering, regulatory relations, and marketing teams.
- Own partnerships with central banks and relevant commercial entities on CBDC projects, proactively managing a target list and pipeline of banks and projects, driving the deal process from start to finish.
- Develop business plans, proposals, or pitches for prospective partners
- Attain a strong working knowledge of the product, to present and demo in partner meetings.
- Serve as a conduit for feedback between central bank partners and our internal teams.
- Develop strong relationships with banks and their technology partners, and educate this ecosystem of players on CBDCs.
- Stay abreast of the industry landscape and key developments related to central banks’ adoption of digital assets and blockchain technology.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 12+ years in enterprise technology sales or business development, with experience selling to large financial institutions, central banks, and Governments.
- Experience in developing first of a kind partnerships and sales.
- Global and Enterprise solution sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Possess a strong network of financial services, central bank executives and influencers
- Adept at learning, and quickly developing a strong command of new, complex technology products and systems.
- Excel at handling the full partner lifecycle, from developing market strategy to managing a pipeline to closing deals and driving successful implementations.
- Experience with relationship building and influencing externally, in any given market, and internally with partners on a team.
- An understanding of how central bank systems and/or digital assets and distributed ledger technologies work is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and how to navigate them is also preferred
- Well organized, with a strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA preferred
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M