Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Gemini Institutional Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether itâs identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customerâs needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Principal, Business Development
This is the perfect role for someone who has spent some time honing their institutional sales and trading skills within a traditional finance firm and is ready to take those skills into a new asset class. This person will be responsible for managing their own independent pipeline of prospective clients while collaborating with the team to cover existing clients. In addition, this person must be a strategic thinker who can help product managers effectively prioritize critical client feedback to influence the development of new product features and innovations.
- Lead meetings with prospective clients
- Guide clients through the institutional onboarding process
- Work with clients directly on OTC transactions, with the help of the OTC trading team
- Supervise the DDQ / RFP process with large institutional clients
- Collaborate with the trading team to develop market commentary for institutional client consumption
- Minimum 4-7 years relevant experience, preferably in an institutional sales or trading role for a traditional investment bank, asset manager, brokerage firm, or crypto native platform
- Demonstrate a track record of interest in crypto
- Approach every project with a beginnerâs mind, ready to challenge the status quo
- Ability to execute quickly and decisively in ambiguous situations
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $158,000 - $221,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.