About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we creatively apply the legacy of law tothe future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of thecurrent legal system to the revolutionary industry of crypto assets and blockchain technology. At Gemini,Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the LegalDepartment of the Future.
The Role:Principal Counsel
As Principal Counsel at Gemini, you are the ultimate general athlete to support our growing business inthe region. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel,you will help Gemini maintain a nimble, innovative legal organization tasked with tackling the complexlegal challenges that confront a disruptive emerging asset class. By navigating unprecedented legalcomplexities across Business Development, Finance and Accounting, People Operations, Product, Tax,Technology and Security, youâll play a critical role in building our business at the forefront of the future ofmoney.
- Act as regional counsel for Geminiâs business interests in the region.
- Serve as a main point of contact for Geminiâs senior management in APAC.
- Engage with regulators and other governmental stakeholders across the region.
- Manage projects effectively and collaboratively with teams located in multiple jurisdictions.
- Build positive and influential relationships with Gemini Leadership and cross-functional partners, evangelizing the Legal teamâs expertise and services across the company.
- Collaborate with and support the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal team to evaluate and communicate legal risks to internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Qualified lawyer in India.
- Minimum of 10 years of post-qualification legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology, financial services, or security; priorexperience working in fintech, digital assets or high-growth tech companies a plus.
- Experience in governmental relations and licensing matters.
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Experience supporting a globally-distributed business and legal team.
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, andcreation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.