EigenLabs provides cryptoeconomic security as a service for blockchain projects, such as rollups, bridges and Dapps. In today's blockchain ecosystem, each service is typically secured by its own token. The difficulty of bootstrapping new tokens often leads to too little capital to secure their services sufficiently. With EigenLabs, blockchain services can rely on Ethereum for security instead of their own token values. Stakers in the Ethereum proof-of-stake network can "re-stake" their assets with EigenLabs to secure other services and earn higher returns. Customers pay transaction fees for these strong security guarantees, making it possible for anyone to build innovative blockchain projects without large upfront capital raises.
About the Role
You will contribute to the design, implementation, and performance of the smart contracts and distributed systems that comprise our products. As one of our early team members and most senior engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to strategic business and product decisions, shape software architecture and technical designs, mentor others, and make an immediate impact. You’ll influence other developers to come up with the right design and architecture for their components and make them into common patterns.
At EigenLabs, we’re building a platform to deliver security to novel distributed applications. You’ll use your broad experience in software engineering to invent groundbreaking technologies that will help power some of the world’s most successful crypto projects.
This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located with the Seattle-based team.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- Serve as the top technical leader on our most demanding projects, increasing our productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Use your expert-level distributed systems engineering knowledge to design and implement production software, prototypes, and tools
- Propose and explain technical designs, trade-offs, and solutions
- Engage in the team’s design and code reviews, standups, and agile development processes
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Influence the company's strategy, product roadmap, and customer experiences.
You have mastered CS fundamentals and related technical skills
- 10+ years of software development experience using modern programming languages such as Golang, Java, or C++
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Ideally, you’d have experienced some of the key technologies we use across the blockchain, cryptography, and distributed systems domains: Solidity and other smart contract languages, polynomial commitments, signature schemes, hash functions, erasure codes, multi-threaded and parallel computing
You’ve delivered software products that operate at high levels of scale, quality, and performance
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, automated functional and performance testing, and operational excellence
You enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Proactively identify improvements to technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and team processes
- Help our teams decompose complex problems into simple solutions
You want to help the crypto ecosystem improve the everyday lives of billions
- Excited to learn and develop blockchain technology, even if you don’t have crypto development experience yet
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and you want to embrace and improve it
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $63k - $70k *
Location: WA Seattle, Washington, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: