Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations includingAave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
The Senior Business Development Representative will work closely with OpenZeppelin's Chief Growth Officer building strategic relationships with global traditional financial institutions and fintech companies who are entering the crypto/w3 space. The ideal candidate will have Web3/crypto experience, and must have a sales or business development background in the financial technology space as well as an international background or experience working for an international business.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a commercial strategy that aligns with overall business goals and objectives.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities through market research, networking, and lead generation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, customers, and stakeholders in traditional financial and fintech companies moving into Web3/Crypto
- Negotiate and close deals with new and existing clients, ensuring that all agreements are financially and commercially viable
- Work closely with internal teams, including security services, product development, operations, and finance, to ensure that customer needs are met and that our client remains competitive in the market.
- Analyze market trends and competition to identify new opportunities for growth and innovation in traditional financial and fintech companies
- Build, monitor and report on the financial performance of this new business area, including revenue, expenses, and profitability.
- Travel and network at W3/Crypto Fintech, Asset Tokenization and other industry events
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in sales or business development.Must have worked for and had successful experience selling to financial institutions, ideally with expertise in crypto or Web3.
- Interest and Passion in/about Web3
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with a proven track record of closing deals and building long-term relationships with clients.
- Ability to think strategically and identify new business opportunities in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data and draw insights.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams and drive results.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing projects to completion.
- Must have an international mindset and drive to succeed.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (30 minutes)
- Team member interview (45 minutes)
- Leadership call (30 minutes)
- Paid work test (no more than two days)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and weâll do our best to provide assistance.
<div class="content-conclusion"><section class="j-content">
- Unlimited holidays ð
- Fully remote: your way of working ð
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver ð
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world ð
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD ðª
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities ðª
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice ð©âð»
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) ð£
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry ð
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!