At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is expanding its Global Compliance team and seeks to hire a Senior Manager to support the Head of Compliance (MLRO) UK in ensuring full compliance with the anti-financial crime programme within the United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance (MLRO) UK, you will support the development of the anti-financial crime and sanctions program, assist with applying for payment licenses (e.g., e-money license, crypto-asset registration), prepare regulatory reporting submissions, respond to regulatory queries, and operationalise anti-financial crime (“AFC”) and sanctions compliance in the UK. You will serve as a subject matter expert to the business on complex AFC and sanctions regulatory compliance matters.
You will have worked/been working in a similar role in financial services and will have strong knowledge of the UK Anti-Financial Crime regulatory framework.
This role requires the individual to have a developed knowledge within anti-bribery and corruption compliance obligations, including prior exposure to developing such programmes and working with senior stakeholders. Please do not apply if you have not had such exposure as this is a specific requirement for the role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the MLRO to continue to design, develop and execute AFC and sanctions compliance programs in the UK, ensuring the implementation of appropriate controls that reflect the business’ inherent risks and regulatory requirements.
- As Deputy MLRO, serve as a spokesperson for the UK region and undertake the duties of a Nominated Officer in the absence of the MLRO (including SAR review and submission).
- Lead the UK and global ABC workstream (initially with support of the MLRO).
- Develop business plans, risk assessments, and AFC and sanctions policies and procedures for new products and services, and work with legal personnel to draft business applications to obtain the appropriate e-money and /or payment service licenses/registration.
- Develop risk-based Know Your Customer (KYC), transaction monitoring (both on-chain and off-chain), watchlist screening, and regulatory reporting procedures.
- Lead the end-to-end implementation of new AFC and sanctions compliance analytics tools, draft model documents, and perform annual model validation of KYC, transaction monitoring and sanctions screening tools to detect unusual activity and investigate and report suspicious activity in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Build relationships with relevant internal teams (product, business development, account management) to ensure that AFC and sanctions compliance queries are responded to in a timely manner and that such teams operate in accordance with the latest financial crimes compliance standards.
- Oversee annual QA review and internal audits, coordinate responses to third-party AFC and sanctions audits and regulatory queries, and lead remediation efforts of any resulting findings and/or corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Work with US compliance leads to provide strategic planning, organisational structure, and focus areas to meet quarterly goals and key results.
- Serve as the AFC and sanctions Subject Matter Expert to the business, actively communicating cross-functionally to identify AFC and sanctions gaps, implement controls, provide recommendations, and oversee any resulting corrective actions and program enhancements.
- Prepare reports to the MLRO, senior management, and the Board of Directors to communicate all relevant compliance issues and escalate any important or high risk compliance issues.
- Work with internal teams (such as legal, product, business development) to identify clear steps necessary to avoid regulatory risks and to provide solutions
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 8+ years of AFC, ABC and sanctions experience in a financial services firm, or related e-money/payments industry with experience to operate at a senior manager or Deputy MLRO level.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Passionate, enjoy working within AFC and looking to make a difference.
- Happy to step up, drive their career to the next level, and be confident to take challenges on, potentially on short notice.
- Experience with cryptocurrency AFC and sanctions program management.
- Strong operational knowledge in building and running a sound compliance program, with hands-on knowledge and an understanding of regulatory requirements for the UK.
- Proven ability to understand complex AFC and sanctions risk and operational issues and develop practical and risk-based solutions.
- Ability to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented advice.
- Ability to effectively present on AFC and sanctions topics to internal and external parties.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; at ease communicating and presenting to senior management.
- Articulate and prepared to perform public speaking (MLRO support will always be present).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with technology and/or financial services companies.
- Must be CAMS or ICA certified. If these certificates are not present, examples of learning which demonstrates commitment to the area and self development.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything >
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.