Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
The Shared Libraries team within MetaMask core is responsible for developing common implementations for most core wallet functionality that is shared by different MetaMask clients like mobile and extension. This team is also responsible for making the wallet easy to build on for all contributors.
One defining aspect of engineering at MetaMask is that we don’t maintain servers or databases. All of our users data is stored either locally on device or on the blockchain. Meanwhile, real time updates to data that is rendered to the user depends on our connection with external sources that draw from on-chain data. Managing data in this context is a unique and interesting challenge. The need for data integrity, security and privacy is very high within a wallet. To meet this need, we build and maintain MetaMask Controllers, a “Collection of platform-agnostic modules for creating secure data models for cryptocurrency wallets”.
Responsibilities will include
- Develop software for MetaMask shared libraries and components
- Architect technical solutions and lead research of multiple solutions
- Thoroughly understand the product, codebase and its technical and architectural history.
- Thoroughly understand the technical context in which we are operating - both the blockchain protocols we are building on and the platform context we are building within - and use that knowledge to support technical and architectural decision making
- Pair program with engineers who are working on our hardest technical challenges
- Collaborate with engineers on other teams to build the right solutions
- Participate in weekly meetings as necessary
Would be great if you brought this to the role
We are looking for engineers who will:
- Be growth-minded, collaborative, and can enjoy some amount of ambiguity, autonomy, and freedom to experiment
- Improve MetaMask through effective review of pull requests, triaging and analysis of GitHub issues, auditing and refactoring the codebase, and testing
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping code and fixing bugs to their work
We are hiring at varying levels of experience. Most successful candidates will have at least a couple years of production experience. Meanwhile, there are key opportunities for individuals looking for very senior roles and responsibilities.
Successful candidates will be proficient, or be able to quickly become proficient, in the following areas:
- React and Redux
- Architecting and implementing APIs (for servers, services or libraries) in a Node.js context
- Some or all of: Node.js streams, Service Workers, generators, Observables, WebSockets
- Browsers and browser APIs
- Front-end build tools: Browserify, webpack, or similar
- Testing: unit, integration, end-to-end
Nice to have
- Security engineering
- Ethereum dapp development
- Involvement in EIP authoring or review processes
- Refactoring large, complex codebases
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$122,000-$247,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
This job is closed
Compensation: $122k - $247k
Location: CANADA - Remote, EMEA - Remote, LATAM - Remote, UNITED STATES - Remote
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: