At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
This role is open to candidates located in Toronto.
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is looking for a Software Engineer Intern to help build the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build enterprise, distributed payment applications and services that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or something similar with an anticipated graduation between May 2024 and December 2025
- Strong competency in at least one programming language: JVM based languages such as Java/Scala/Kotlin preferred.
- Experience building, testing and deploying backend services on public cloud platforms.
- Intellectual curiosity - you love to dig into how things work and understand how to improve and scale them
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Regionally competitive pay and a one-time cash stipend
- Exposure to the crypto-currency and digital asset space!
- A hands-on learning environment where you can dive into the latest technologies and engineering principles
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks
- Catered lunches in office 2x week
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A collaborative work environment with deeply experienced cryptographers, security experts, Silicon Valley and Wall Street veterans
- The opportunity to help change the way the world transacts
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEzLjIwMwM