At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Design, develop, and modify computer applications to support the development of Ripple’s data platform. Deliver a highly scalable data platform and manage workflows and data build processes that help the BI team build key business metrics and design dashboard visualizations. Analyze user needs to engineer software solutions, modify existing software, and improve software performance. Develop, design, and deploy data models to satisfy data needs of functional teams. Manage and track data processed from different sources, improve and maintain data quality and integrity across various data sources, and manage workflows and data build processes. Troubleshoot problems with data (missing, corrupted, invalid) and build data recovery strategy and build data recovery strategy, prototype solutions to meet specifications, and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources, data points, and data gathering techniques. Partner with data engineers to implement required data elements and attributes to enhance business, financial, and business operational analytics. Integrate with other Ripple products and applications for data needs, collaborate with technical operations teams to leverage our platform for data specific challenges, and design and build metrics that enhance our analytical capabilities. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field plus eight (8) years of data platform experience (of which five (5) years must be post-baccalaureate progressive); or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field plus six (6) years of data platform experience.
Of the required experience, must have three (3) years of experience in Distributed DB utilizing platforms (BigQuery, Snowflake, Presto, or Netezza).
Of the required experience, must have four (4) years of experience in cloud technologies and architectures (AWS, GCP, or Azure) including experience in development, test, and deployment automation.
Of the required experience, must have six (6) years of experience in at least three (3) of the following (which may be gained concurrently): data warehouse architecture and integration; data management in SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata, or Hadoop); data processing technology (Spark or Hadoop); or, workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow or DBT).
Of the required experience, must have six (6) years of experience in at least three (3) of the following (which may be gained concurrently): SOX compliance and internal controls; distributed event streaming platforms (Kafka or Flink); schema design; or, dimensional data modeling.
Of the required experience, must have six (6) years of experience in at least two (2) of the following (which may be gained concurrently): programming languages (java or Python or Scala); Shell scripting; or, debugging linux jobs setting up the schedulers.
Of positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary range for this position is below. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience, and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M