We're looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. This Engineer will enable our developers as they work efficiently while building a vibrant ecosystem for the Avalanche Blockchain. You'll enable our teams across several business units and engineering teams to design, optimize, and and implement greenfield technology for a variety of use cases. This particular role will be a key part of our release schedule and production monitoring.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, develop, and optimize highly reliable and scalable infrastructure focused on SRE principles.
- Implement and maintain monitoring, logging, and tracing tools to gain insights into service behavior and health.
- Establish and uphold SLOs (Service Level Objectives), SLIs (Service Level Indicators), and error budgets for critical systems.
- Enhance the reliability and resiliency of critical systems by identifying single points of failure and implementing best practices.
- Collaborate with software developers to build reliability and performance into applications from inception.
- Automate and streamline incident management processes to minimize service disruption and improve response times.
- Participate in on-call rotations, ensuring quick restoration of services and fostering a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset by analyzing and learning from incidents and implementing preventive measures.
- Leverage cloud technologies and IaC tools to ensure scalability and repeatability.
- Advocate for best practices in reliability, security, and maintainability within the team and across the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience as an SRE, DevOps, or Cloud Engineer.
- Strong grasp of SRE principles, including error budgets, SLOs, and SLIs.
- Cloud networking and orchestration with AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, S3, ELB).
- Strong Kubernetes experience with Docker or RKT containerization.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, and Ansible.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK Stack.
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures. (Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages and the creation of scripts. (Python and GoLang preferred).
- Working knowledge of decentralized architecture design patterns and distributed systems.
Salary Range: $175,000 to $218,800
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzMuMjIxLjkwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $175k - $218k
Location: NY New York City, New York, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: