Systems Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an incredible software engineer to help us build the future of blockchain scalability.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who is already passionate about tackling problems in blockchain scalability, or looking to break into the blockchain engineering space. If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced, high-impact team and help shape the direction of our product and company, this position is for you.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in the valley and offer competitive pay, an equity grant in the company, and full benefits.
As a Systems Engineer at our company you will:
- Help architect the blockchain node that comprises the backbone of our software offering. You’ll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain scaling, building a new kind of layer two.
- Make improvements to the virtual machine that runs Ethereum smart contract code
- Design and implement end-to-end product features driven by the needs of developers
- Evaluate database backends, networking libraries, and other tools and help make decisions as to which should be included in our stack
- Help build out our devops pipeline, allowing our Chains to be deployed reliably and securely
- You might be a fit for this role if you...
- Have a deep knowledge of Go, Rust or similar languages
- Have experience working with distributed or embedded systems before
- Love writing fast, well-optimized, well-tested, clean code
- Are confident with performance optimization, identifying bottlenecks and scalability concerns
- Have familiarity with distributed systems concepts like CAP theorem, and enjoy thinking through and designing around trade-offs
- Are occasionally willing to get your hands dirty tackling devops problems
Bonus points if you...
- Are familiar with how blockchains like Ethereum or Bitcoin work under the hood
- Are up-to-date with Ethereum scaling solutions such as sidechains or rollups
- Have implemented or used a consensus algorithm (eg. Paxos/Raft, pBFT, tendermint, ...) in the past
- Have an understanding of cryptography primitives, such as hash functions or digital signatures
- Have built Ethereum “dapps” with Solidity or Yul
- Have past experience building games or working the the games industry
- Have significant open-source contributions, especially in blockchain clients/node software, databases, networking, or programming languages/frameworks
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM