Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If youâre invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world â weâd love to have you apply.
<h2><strong>About the team + role </strong></h2>
The Financial Crimes Surveillance team at Robinhood monitors customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst on the Financial Crimes team, youâll be responsible for ensuring Robinhood customers' fiat money movement and cryptocurrency transactions are being appropriately reviewed to meet regulatory expectations.
It is preferred that this role is located in one of the office locations listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. This position is only eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the US where we do not have physical office locations. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What youâll do
- Analyze customer transactional activity (e.g. securities trading, fiat money movements, debit card transactions, crypto wallet transfers, etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify and determine if customer activity requires further anti-money laundering (AML) review for potentially suspicious activities
- Conduct research using Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Communicate to management any activity that requires immediate attention
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and developments regarding BSA/AML/KYC as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
What you bring
- Bachelorâs Degree, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 1-2 years working in Traditional Fiat Surveillance, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain Surveillance, or a related compliance function
- Knowledge of AML regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), including those relating to virtual currencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to a changing environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual life>
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan.
US Zone 1: $27 per hour
US Zone 2: $27 per hour
US Zone 3: $26 per hour
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.