- co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares and Amun, and its mission is to build bridges into the crypto world.
21Shares is the world’s largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) and is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. 21Shares mission is to make crypto easy.
Amun is a blockchain infrastructure company focused on making purchasing crypto more accessible by offering a suite of tools for passive strategies across major DeFi platforms. Amun’s mission is to simplify your crypto journey.
The company was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder and is a global organization, with offices in Zurich and New York. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About The Role
The Associate Director will work as a member of the ETP and Trading Operations Platform team, assisting in all phases of the portfolio management, trading and product lifecycle, from initial research through implementation and ongoing support. The Associate Director will assist the VP of ETP and Trading Operations in executing the priorities of the team.
- co relies on the ETP and Trading Operations team to implement the investment strategies across all 21.co products and build out the trading and operational capabilities of the company. The team is responsible for creating and maintaining the infrastructure to support the trade lifecycle and monitor performance, compliance and risk across all 21.co products. This includes portfolio implementation, rebalancing portfolios, settlements, and NAV oversight amongst other responsibilities.
The nature of this role requires detailed technical knowledge of trading operations and digital assets, the ability to devise and effectively communicate solutions and to build strong relationships with internal teams, senior business heads, and vendors. The Director will work with various stakeholders across the industry including: authorized participants, liquidity providers, custodians, fund accountants, trading, and market making communities.
- Assist VP of Investment Strategy and Operations, Senior Management and other teams in all aspects of the platform ranging from strategic priorities to day-to-day challenges
- Manage a team of associates and/or analysts located across New York, London, and/or Zurich
- Serve as a point of escalation for all portfolio management and operational issues
- Develop a deep understanding of the teams capabilities and company objective to optimize productivity
- Lead strategic business initiatives to drive innovation, scalability, and transformation across the business ranging from investment performance, product development, operating models, execution, governance, and vendor management
- Present business proposals and conduct checkpoints with Senior Management for review and approval
- Develop a detailed understanding of current-state processes and identify opportunities for improvement and drive initiatives; develop and maintain a deep understanding of our product offering and associated control processes to identify key business risks on the platform and drive resolution of mitigating controls
- Establish and participate in working groups to help implement key initiatives and address day-to-day issues, requiring effective partnership across the management team
- Working closely with the product and technology teams to enhance our portfolio management systems and trading platform
- Project manage and quickly bring functions together to solve complex problems in a timely manner and create business recommendations in support of senior decision making
- Ability to undertake quantitative research projects both independently and collaboratively
Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, 7+ years in financial services 3+ management experience
- Knowledge of trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of back, middle, and front office operations
- Asset/Wealth Management and/or ETP/ETF/Index tracking and/or Business Management experience, preferred
- Python knowledge, required
- Self-starter with strong initiative to produce and deliver in an active, small team environment
- Strong quantitative, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Bloomberg advantageous.
- Experience in data analytics, quantitative analysis, and/or data manipulation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Risk mitigation and control mindset
- Ability to navigate and coordinate with various groups within the organization
- Knowledge of derivatives, prime brokerage, lines of credit
- Understanding of blockchain, airdrops, crypto custody/transfers, preferred
This role is based in New York City and will be expected to work from our New York office in a hybrid model Monday - Wednesday.
(NYC only) Pursuant to Section 8-102 of title 8 of the New York City administrative code, the base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. Total compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M