Business Development Associate
- Grow the OTC business in your market (both manual and RFQ) - this includes developing and executing your own growth plan which will have many of angles to it: acquiring new counterparties, developing existing relationships, cooperating with developer teams on productizing the solution and execution of trades
- Grow the crypto liquidity provision business - deepen relationships with existing crypto projects and acquire new ones
- Develop new relationships with high-profile crypto projects, crypto VCs, institutional investors, miners and other parties of the crypto eco-system; note that we are connected to many of these parties or can get introduced, so this is all about systematically developing the relationships and bringing them to the next level
- Work with various cross-functional teams to drive brand awareness in the key markets you are responsible for
- Develop existing relationships with exchanges globally and bring them to the next level
- Keep track of key launches and news in the crypto eco-system and proactively identify cooperation and business development opportunities
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc/MSc in Business/Economics/Finance or any related degree
- Top tier MBA is an advantage but not required
- Understanding of Western mindsets and ways of doing business
- Experience with the financial services/capital markets industry; experience with crypto markets and/or trading companies/hedge funds is an advantage
- Experience in business development or any client-facing role (B2B sales, management consulting, investment banking, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - this is not about pitching, but being convincing, concise, precise, a good listener; being clear on next steps and always following up on promises
- Experience delivering business results - be ready to talk about numbers/quota achievement, etc.
- Experience in BD or similar role facing institutional crypto, institutional traditional finance, blockchain projects is a significant advantage
- Willingness, aptitude and curiosity to understand the fundamentals of blockchain technologies, algorithmic trading and Liquidity provision is crucial
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative trading firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A vibrant working culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute weekend getaway.
- A Wintermute-inspired office in central London, featuring an array of amenities such as table tennis and foosball, personalized desk configurations, a cozy team breakout area with games and free food.
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional with a startup vibe, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation
Find out more:
- View our open positions
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuNzYuMjUM