Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<h2><strong>About the team: </strong></h2>
The Crypto CISO will be responsible for supervising all cybersecurity matters across Robinhood Crypto in accordance with cybersecurity laws and best practices as well as state regulatory (e.g., NYDFS) rules.
This individual will provide oversight to ensure all aspects of Robinhoodâs âCybersecurity Programâ are current and in adherence to regulatory requirements. Specifically, this role will take ownership of the RHC Cybersecurity risk assessment, complete recommendations to remediate identified risks, review the Cybersecurity policy on a yearly basis and update as necessary, retain all evidence of the review performed (incl. actions taken, systems analyzed, reports produced), and provide reporting to the RHC board on the Cybersecurity program. This individual will be responsible for selection of comprehensive cybersecurity controls most appropriate to the firmâs technology and threat environment and implement corresponding defense strategies. Finally, the head of Cybersecurity will be responsible for supervising risk from third-party vendors and system dependencies.
This role will include serving as an advisor on the RHC board of managers for cybersecurity matters. No licenses are required.
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
What youâll do day-to-day:
- Engage and partner with Operation and Engineering teams to ensure technology solutions are built with appropriate security considerations
- Provide Cybersecurity strategic guidance to the GM and aid in strategic decision making with a Cyber lens
- Serve as the point person for contact with Robinhoodâs regulators, including NYDFS, etc. during audits and throughout the year for any cybersecurity matters
- Review and approve cybersecurity related procedures, policies and written supervisory procedures supporting RHC
- Continuously identify and detail asset vulnerabilities and internal and external threats, and audit critical security and continuity practices
- Drive selection, implementation and monitoring cybersecurity controls appropriate to Robinhoodâs systems, especially the custody operations (e.g., Robinhood app, all communications, physical office, encryption, remote customer access)
- Champion a culture of compliance at Robinhood. Implement adherence to cybersecurity measures across the company
- 10+ years of experience in cybersecurity
- Direct experience with operating crypto custody platforms and/or assessing Smart Contracts
- Extensive experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams
- BA/BS in the relevant fields (Computer Science, Programming, etc.)
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry and working with regulators
- Direct to consumer experience preferred
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, Golang, or similar dynamic programming language
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.