Who We Are
We're building a virtual world from open source and p2p technology that players create and own. Everything in the world is an NFT. There's an inventory system, so you can bring your items and favorite memes to share with your friends. Multiplayer is built with WebRTC and y.js (CRDTs). https://webaverse.com and our open alpha: https://app.webaverse.com
Why You Should Work with Us
We're a young company, but we've accomplished a lot in that short time. What we've done wouldn't have been possible without passionate people, dedicated to our vision of an open and democratic metaverse. If you too would like to get in on the ground floor of the next major Internet revolution, if you too have the passion, the singular obsession to see the 3D web realized in all its glory, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll Be Responsible for...
- Directing the in-house 2D and 3D art teams and outsource studios we work with to ensure a consistent >
- Contributing to staffing decisions as they apply to the in-house art teams.
- Organization and execution of the pipeline for all assets.
- Assisting artists in troubleshooting, QA, and general artistic guidance, from concept to post-production.
You’re a Good Fit if...
- A deep knowledge of Blender and applicable plugins, or an ability to learn quickly in a transition from Maya/Modo
- An understanding of best practices for optimization of 3D game assets (In our case, for web specifically)
- A general proficiency in both character and environmental art and best practices
- A general proficiency, or at least an understanding of, concept art and illustration and their best practices
- A general understanding of 3D animation and best practices
- An eye for quality and an ability to maintain a consistent >
- Previous experience in a game studio
- Strong organizational and logistics skills
- An ability to learn quickly on the job
- (bonus) Previous experience using command-line programs
- (bonus) Previous experience in stylized 3D games or projects
- (bonus) Experience with, or understanding of, Web3 culture
- Application review
- Interviews via Voice/Video Call or Discord Chat
- Coding challenge - We will provide a task from our open issues - Any solution we use will be paid for
- Contract negotiations
- Total expected time to hire: A few days to a couple weeks
Webaverse focuses on Video Games, Web Development, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Webaverse has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2021 at a valuation of $20M.
You can view their website at https://www.webaverse.com or find them on Twitter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM