Creative Director Jobs in Web3
58 jobs found
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Brand Creative team works at the intersection of marketing, design, and culture to concept and craft brand campaigns, stories and experiences. Our team consists of experienced creative directors, art directors, animators, designers, and copywriters.
As the Creative Director of Brand Campaigns & Partnerships, you will oversee the internal and external creative development of integrated campaigns and branded content and experiences that support our marketing strategy, solve business and audience challenges, and push our brand forward. You'll report directly to the Group Creative Director, Brand.
You will lead a multifaceted creative team and be at the heart of launching Cash App's most innovative ideas, brand expressions and partnerships. You’ll translate audience strategy into breakthrough cultural moments. As a lead, you will advocate for and shape your team's ideas, and you understand when you need when to lean into the work.
- Lead creative direction for multiple, concurrent integrated marketing campaigns alongside internal teams and external partners
- Guide the careers and development of your team, ensuring the amplification and growth of team members
- Collaborate with creative leadership to uphold and elevate our bar of creative excellence
- Partner with Marketing to translate brand strategy into purposeful integrated creative campaigns to further brand awareness and trust
- Partner with the Design team to resource and inspire in-house creative talent
- Partner with the Production team to deliver creative work on time and within budget
- Work cross-functionally to create integrated brand experiences that both drive business outcomes and uphold Cash App’s high bar for non-traditional creativity
- Contribute to Design team culture and take ownership for I&D efforts
- Experience as a creative director (art direction) in an agency or in-house, with a portfolio of innovative and artful creative work across multiple platforms
- A portfolio of media-agnostic creative solutions, executing across traditional and non-traditional spaces
- Extensive knowledge of the advertising and artist landscape, with deep knowledge of creators and makers, production partners and vendor specialists
- Exceptional art direction skills across different media
- Knowledge of the advertising campaign creative process and a network of artists, production partners and specialist vendors
- An understanding of brand marketing strategies, along with experience translating established brands into new expressions and spaces
- A clear point of view on creative and ability to share clear and actionable feedback
- An openness to new ideas and a bias for transparency and communication
- Experience recruiting, managing and growing a creative team
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and our mission
- Please submit a portfolio of work in order to be considered.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjM5LjE3My4xNDQM
What does a creative director do?
A creative director is a professional who is responsible for overseeing the creative aspects of a project or a campaign
They work in various industries, including advertising, marketing, film, television, and publishing, to develop and communicate creative ideas to a target audience
The specific responsibilities of a creative director can vary depending on the industry and the specific needs of the project, but some common responsibilities may include:
- Leading the development of creative concepts and ideas: A creative director is responsible for coming up with innovative and engaging ideas for campaigns or projects, and for guiding the creative team in bringing those ideas to life.
- Collaborating with clients and other stakeholders: A creative director often works closely with clients or other stakeholders to understand their goals and needs, and to ensure that the creative work meets those objectives.
- Managing the creative team: A creative director may be responsible for managing a team of creative professionals, including writers, designers, and developers. This may involve assigning tasks, providing feedback, and ensuring that the team is working effectively and efficiently.
- Overseeing the production process: A creative director is responsible for ensuring that the creative work is produced to the highest quality standards and is delivered on time. This may involve coordinating with external vendors and managing budgets.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices: A creative director should be knowledgeable about the latest trends and techniques in their field, and should be able to apply this knowledge to the development of creative ideas.