Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
The Accounts team within MetaMask is responsible for all account and key management related functionality within the wallet. Key Management is at the core of the wallet and most used part of MetaMask. The team enables different account types within MetaMask, shipping new Web3 standards for key management that can onboard the next 100M users while also improving security and reducing fund loss incidents.
This role will be responsible for leading the team and helping establish the processes and structures necessary to deliver on our ambitions.
Responsibilities will include
- Collaborate with the Accounts team Lead Engineer(s) to ensure that the team is delivering on its roadmap
- Directly manage and maintain close working relationships with all Accounts team engineers
- Mentor engineers and help them establish career development plans
- Direct engineering hiring efforts for the Accounts team within MetaMask
- Take ownership of the team's engineering processes and culture
- Help maintain high morale and performance on the team
- Establish systems for monitoring the health of the engineering team
- Make development contributions so as to maintain "fluency" in the MetaMask Accounts codebase
- Partner with other Engineering Managers within MetaMask to drive the overall roadmap implementation forward and establish processes and practices that allow MetaMask to build and operate at a fast pace
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience
- Hiring management experience
- Agile software engineering experience
- Engineering skills
- Web development
- Git and GitHub
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and interest in blockchain technologies
- Experience with CICD systems
- Experience with using metrics to drive engineering and operational excellence
Nice to have
- Web3 software development experience
- Open source software contributor
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$153,000 - $234,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM
This job is closed
Compensation: $153k - $234k
Location: CANADA - Remote, EMEA - Remote, LATAM - Remote, UNITED STATES - Remote
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: