Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Trust & Safety
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our userâs funds and ensuring the integrity of Geminiâs digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Associate, Trust & Safety
Geminiâs Trust & Safety team is looking for a fraud associate to contribute to Geminiâs efforts in preventing fraud. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. Gemini is looking for a passionate associate who will work directly with Gemini customers in order to investigate and resolve fraud and abuse. This includes assisting customers with scams, ATOs,
onboarding issues, transaction errors, and timely account security escalations.
- Respond to risk-related customer issues of varying levels of complexity, primarily via email
- Investigate and review suspicious customersâ activities, including at Onboarding, in response to internal and external escalations
- View fraud issues from a customer perspective and drive operational enhancements for our customers
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve fraud processes, reduce customer support volumes, and drive changes while ensuring high precision and low good user impact
- Prepare ad-hoc fraud reports regarding suspicious activity, incidents, and key measurements of the fraud program
- Cross functional Collaboration
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within Trust & Safety, Identity, and Compliance to further improve fraud detection
- Collaborate with Customer Support to improve operational processes
- Directly participate in and provide necessary support for special projects and initiatives as assigned
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 2-3 years of financial Risk, Fraud, or Compliance Customer Support and investigations
- Great verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do whatâs necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question oneâs own assumptions
- This role may require an on-call rotation
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker etc.) is a huge plus
- Familiarity with database querying languages such as SQL
- Spanish language reading and writing proficiency a plus
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $75,000 - $104,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.