- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position / W2 (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long-term
UX Writing / Content Design role. This is not a content marketing role.
Our client is looking for a motivated Content Designer III to help us envision and deliver delightful customer experiences for travelers booking hotels and vacation rentals. We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and skills in writing content for digital products.
- Coordinate bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to user problems and contribute your own suggestions.
- Understand complex content systems and apply platform-scale content strategy thinking
- Apply holistic, customer-focused approaches to drive the content strategy in our discover and landing experiences
- Identify and use scalable frameworks (e.g., matrixes and other structured documentation) to tackle structural problems with product content.
- Use human-centered design methods to design, craft, and test content solutions that address real customer challenges.
- Orchestrate a clear and compelling voice and tone — even if you don’t own all the content — across complex product areas.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative insights and business analytics to drive content insights and solutions.
- Partner across teams to improve the accessibility, inclusion, readability, and translatability of product content.
- Actively seek diverse feedback on work and anticipate feedback to address it proactively.
- Tailor communications (content focus, >
- A thoughtful, empathetic, and inclusive approach to content design that meets every user where they are.
- Increased focus on content problems across systems and product areas.
- Strong skills in facilitation, presentation, and storytelling, and the ability to communicate compelling rationale and narratives to your team and partners.
- A passion for travel and for our mission.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills. We're especially interested in seeing examples of work you've done for Android and iOS apps, and if you have experience working in a platform or two-sided marketplace, it's a definite plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent related professional experience in core skills such as UX writing, content audits and analysis, content mapping and modeling, content planning and sourcing, information architecture, and storytelling.
- At least 5 years related professional experience as a content designer or content strategist
- Able to audit, analyze, structure, create, and present content independently using established frameworks.
- Understanding of human-centered design (HCD) practices.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzguOTAuOTUM