Senior Backend Developer, Gigster Network
- Design, develope, and maintain scalable and high-performance backend systems using programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, Node.js, or Ruby on Rails.
- Write clean, well-documented, and maintainable code that follows software engineering best practices.
- Develop and maintain APIs that are used by front-end developers to build web applications.
- Optimize application performance through database tuning, caching, and other techniques.
- Ensure high availability and fault tolerance of backend systems through redundancy, failover, and disaster recovery planning.
- Continuously monitor and improve application security through vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and code reviews.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in back-end development and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work closely and collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to identify and define application requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining backend systems.
- Proficiency in two or more programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, Node.js, or Ruby on Rails.
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure.
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with Git version control and Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
Benefits - We don’t call them perks, they’re just part of what makes working at Gigster great.
- World-class network. Be part of a network with the most talented people in the world.
- Amazing cutting-edge projects. Pick the projects from F500 companies that you’re interested in.
- 100% remote and global. Live your best life, wherever that may be, and never lose out on career opportunities because of it.
- Flexible work hours. There is a time to overlap with the customer’s timezone, but most of the time, we work asynchronously and don’t care when you’re online, just that you deliver great results.
- Flexible offerings. Choose how many hours you want to work and how much you want to earn.
- Swag! Because who doesn’t love swag?
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M