Senior Product Designer
The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent.
A little about us
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
About the team:
Exploring, designing, refining, and improving our product experience is what we do best. We demonstrate that caring for our customers, our craft and our design principles leads to better business. Our multidisciplinary design guild consists of Product Design, UX Writing, central Product Design Foundations (consisting of Design Operations and design specialists such as a UI specialist, Principal Product Designer and Product Illustrations), Customer Research Operations, Brand and Creative Design.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
The role in a nutshell:
You will design solutions for undefined problem spaces with a highly collaborative, cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and data scientists. Additionally, you are a recognised, trusted expert who is constantly looking to sharpen your user-centered approach. You’ll bring this drive and artistry into a well-established, embedded team of Product Designers and UX writers with a focus on crafting experiences that deliver value.
As a Product Designer in Fleet Protect and Serve, you will report to Product Design Team Lead, and Greg Madytinos, the Fleet Product Director. Additionally, you will work closely with our Product Design Foundations Team led by Lana Glass and Marc Hagan-Guirey, our Principal Product Designer. Your focus area for the time being will be to ensure that we are building trust with our customers through our security and compliance journeys.
Our full stack product design guild consists of Product Designers, UX Writers, a UI specialist and a Principal product designer, and is currently 100% globally distributed.
Your mission will involve
- Working closely with product managers, developers and UX writers to fully realise a feature or product.
- Conceptualising, wireframing and designing customer friendly experiences and prototypes that are both intuitive and engaging solutions to complex design problems.
- Translate UX (structure) to UI (surface) according to platform-specific requirements and produce development ready designs.
- Be the champion of our customer’s needs and discuss both benefits and hurdles of various design solutions with stakeholders, defending those that you believe in.
- Build product experiences based on data and analysis: perform desk and field research, build prototypes, conduct user interviews, perform usability, QA and A/B testing.
- Actively run experiments to validate ideas and hypotheses.
- Continually keep yourself and the rest of the design team up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies.
- Contributing to the evolution, maintenance and adoption of our design system..
- Working with people who love building products and mentoring fellow design contributors through coaching and feedback.
What we’d like you to have
- At least 7 years experience of end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design experience for Android, iOS and web.
- A well-rounded, strong portfolio demonstrating your UX and UI design process and impact.
- Strong creative problem solving, interaction design and prototyping skills and you’re capable of conducting user research and visual design work.
- You love design; you’re not satisfied with the status quo and obsessed with finding ways to improve!
- Proficient in popular design tools (e.g Figma, Sketch, Craft, Abstract, Miro). A strong knowledge of the Google Suite is an added bonus.
- Experience working in agile teams, with strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions with developers, copywriters and product owners.
- Excellent working knowledge of design systems, including Material Design and Human Interface Design.
- Experience in dialogue flow best practice and designing chatbots is advantageous.
- Experience in application security UX and KYC-like compliance processes would be advantageous
Leads Change: Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction and takes responsibility to ensure delivery of objectives/goals/tasks/projects.
Critical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicating well in writing and can explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
Creative Thinking: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
Plans and Organises: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Delivers within the agreed time frames.
Delivers Results: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like many companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.. like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts Monthly to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $110k *
Location: WC Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 Designer Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Designer is $116k per year, with a minimum base salary of $50k and a maximum of $220k.
Check more information about Web3 Designer Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates|| ||Apply|