Who are we?
Audius is a digital streaming service that connects fans directly with artists and exclusive new music.
It does this by being fully decentralized~ Audius is owned and run by a vibrant, open-source community of artists, fans, and developers all around the world. Audius gives artists the power to share never-before-heard music and monetize streams directly. Developers can freely build their own apps on top of Audius, giving them access to one of the most unique audio catalogs in existence.
Backed by an all-star team of investors, Audius was founded in 2018 and serves over 6 million users every month, making it the largest non-financial crypto application ever built.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius protocol (high availability services for decentralized replication of data, latency-sensitive distributed file transfers, Ethereum smart contracts, infrastructure and tooling for third parties to run our open source services). You are a collaborative engineer who enjoys working with a small team to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into multiple parts of our tech stack and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can't be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Audius is a 30-person team of entrepreneurs, engineers, music industry professionals, and blockchain experts. Our benefits include unlimited PTO, high quality paid medical insurance, FSA, 401k, yearly learning stipend, equipment stipend and a home office setup credit. We also have monthly concert stipends, wellness benefits, team activities, and bi-annual in-person get-togethers.
Our company is fully remote and our team is currently distributed across the United States.
Our Tech Stack
What you'll do here
- Design and build resilient infrastructure that decentralized third-parties run on diverse hardware
- Help architect and deploy across the backend of the Audius stack including databases, monitoring, logging, and load-testing
- Build tooling that supports the Audius team and a network of third-parties that operate infrastructure for the protocol
- Perform thoughtful architecture and code reviews
- Own features end-to-end including release plans, monitoring, and incident/bug triage
- Strong shell scripting and Linux fundamentals and a love for building great command line tools
- Solid conceptual understanding of backend software development including system architecture, web serving infrastructure, API & database design
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and comfort working within a small team
- Familiarity with version control and agile software development methodologies
- An awesome attention to detail
If this role speaks to you, but your previous experience doesn't match the job description, please consider applying anyways! We're looking for smart and capable software engineers and highly value the ability to grow in your role. You might be the perfect fit!
Additional Information~ The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000-$170,000 + equity & benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role & level. Each job listing's range is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, education, and training. The hiring manager for a role can share more details regarding the specifics of compensation. Compensation details in our postings reflect base salary not equity, benefits, or perks.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM