Staff Software Engineering Manager (Digital Currencies)
- Build a strong, empowering engineering culture that helps the engineers to see the big picture, empowering engineers to take decisions, take reasonable risk, fail fast, have learning culture. The role will be responsible for a very high impact small 5-7 member team.
- Mentor developers in the team to become industry-leading engineers.
- Undertake line management duties, depending on the requirements of the team.
- Own the product. Build customer empathy while building the product. Work on design, processes, bring teams and customers in the journey. Be comfortable with ambiguity and seek to bring different stakeholders in the journey through clarification, build and show. Cross-collaborate with different cross-functional teams.
- Assist in estimating and planning complex engineering tasks.
- Evaluate trade-offs between different implementations and technology choices.
- Act as design authority - own design choices of software applications and work with the team to get inputs / feedbacks as well as to socialise the same to ensure fitness for the purpose, improve acceptance and implement the designs. Balance long term strategic design vs. tactical choices to have architecture runway.
- Build holistic architecture / solution with different required facets.
- Code review peers both within your team and in the wider organisation.
- Liaise with the Release Manager to package and deliver software, while ensuring it meets complex security requirements such as deterministic builds.
- Very strong programming competencies.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience.
- Typically 9+ years' experience in an enterprise level environment.
- Experience working with open requirements and limited guidance, identifying goals for yourself and bringing them to management to approve rather than having direction set for you.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- You may have possibly led a small or medium-sized team at some point in your career, but the role is also suitable for strong individual contributors who offer guidance and mentoring in a less formal way and want to step up in people management.
Preferred Qualifications (would offer a significant advantage):
- Kotlin or other JVM based language experience.
- Hands on experience with digital currencies or digital tokenization of assets.
- Domain knowledge in banking, particularly clearing / settlement / Forex
- Experience working in the FinTech space (e.g. banking, PSP’s, SWIFT, DeFi, crypto etc.)
- Additional skills such as DevOps, QA methodologies, Jira, Agile, distributed systems programming, design principles, system architecture, network communications (certificates, network protocols, ssl etc.)
- Process driven mentality with flexibility to allow processes to evolve whilst keeping them lean and efficient
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $63k - $150k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: