The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteer-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain and other emerging technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit a thought leader and practitioner volunteer who will serve as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), streamlining the technology side of the organisation, This is a leadership role in strengthening BCI positioning as the preferred provider of blockchain-based capacity development for climate change policy implementation.
You will be responsible for formalising the BCI’s technology building operating model and driving the advancement of Blockchain capabilities, translating it for stakeholders across the various climate-related actors. You will drive organisational growth by forging new project relationships and synergies across and establishing BCI as a leading player across the climate ecosystem of stakeholders. You will lead the analysis and shaping of proposals for revenue generation and various government-focused innovation support initiatives relevant to BCI’s scope of activities.
- Designing architectures, creating technology solutions to organisational problems and applications for our complex commercial, research and software initiatives.
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, some of which will be focused on developing or exploiting Blockchain technology. Take ownership, lead and guide these initiatives. Serve as an interface between research and software development teams and be an advocate for sound architectural principles
- Collaborate with solutions and technical architects, developers, and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, the scope of which may range from technical infrastructure to the entire project development lifecycle. Produce solution designs using established methodologies, such as Unified Modelling Language, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis and programming
- Execute market research requirements for climate-related actions and emerging technology patterns, particularly Blockchain & Artificial Intelligence. Build the continuous pipeline of revenue-generating technology building projects and ecosystem collaboration with universities and research organisations
- Formulate Blockchain Technology Adoption Strategy and implementation plans that meet our strategic goals and requirements of partner governments. Coordinate the recruitment of suitable blockchain coders/developers to work with governments and international agencies.
- Capable of using the full UML methodology to create a model of the requirements, through complex use cases, class models, sequence diagrams and state machines
- Industry knowledge and how blockchain solutions can address real business problems is desirable
- Ability to take concepts from vision to technical solutions working with business, technical, management and subject matter experts to deliver products or platform capabilities
- Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Experience with back-end systems and full stack development is desirable
- Familiarity with common business software, project management programs and IT systems
- Able to develop and present detailed, actionable proposals and plans
- Impeccable organisational skills and problem solving skills
- Aptitude for innovative and big picture thinking
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to communicate with professionals in various disciplines
- Natural leader with growth mindset and driving the change agenda.
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional written English
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritise actions
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude.
- General & Specialist Knowledge
- Strong technology management, consulting or research expertise is essential for this role
- Innovative and creative leader to drive conceptualisation of contextual and deep research topics
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Power-point
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training
- Postgraduate degree in technology management or relevant discipline required & MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in a CTO or similar technology leadership role is essential, ideally acquired in a consulting practice, public sector, and non-profit environment
- Experience of building long term relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of working independently and with distributed teams to drive forward projects using own initiative.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies- Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organisations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying and analysing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
One of the most important aspects of BCI’s mission is to support legislators and policymakers to create an enabling environment for the adoption of distributed ledger technologies. To that end, this opportunity will ensure BCI is financially sustainable before we make the developing-country communities sustainable.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- You will hone or learn new skills including research, presentation, writing, professional etiquette,
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge close connection.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEyLjE1NwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $45k - $100k *
Location: United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 CTO Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 CTO is $127k per year, with a minimum base salary of $50k and a maximum of $300k.
Check more information about Web3 CTO Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|London, United Kingdom|| ||Apply|