- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States and Canada only
- SALARY: $75,000 – $105,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
Final compensation based on qualifications, location, and credentials. Compensation includes base salary + 10% bonus + ESOP.
About the Role
A Productologist is part of theBuilder.aiDelivery team, who is responsible for making the customer’s dream and vision a software reality. A Productologist works as the customers product manager and ensures they understand the customer vision as well as providing excellent customer experience. A Productologist will educate, guide and advise in the development of the customer’s app. The Productologist will work closely with our Ninjas (our project execution team) and Senseis (technical architects) in developing the customer's product.
A Productologist is able to plan, track and implement all project deliverables. They are comfortable in taking customers through the journey of app development, liaising with the customer about their responsibilities in decision making and changes to the requirements.
It all begins with our Spec Call. A Productologist is responsible for leading the Spec Call with our customer. A Spec Call is where we look to translate the customer’s vision into a detailed proposal which we call our Buildcard. The goal is to capture 80-90% of an understanding of the app (or software) the customer is looking to create, the related features needed for the app and the sub-feature details. The outcome we look for with a Spec Call is to convert the potential customer into a paying customer.
As a Productologist you will scope, plan, implement, and track specific short-term deliverables up to the design phase. Capturing user flows, working with designers and laying out highly detailed product requirements, strategising the customer's product roadmap and collaborating with the execution team to ensure the customer gets the product they asked for at the start of the journey and delivered into their hands by the end.
You will be responsible for
- Analysing the structure of a business, understanding its goals, and advising technical and non-technical stakeholders on how to achieve those goals through technology.
- Being an expert and evangelist for the Builder.ai platform, and in how to deploy our capabilities to maximise customer success.
- Collaborating with the Customer, Sales Team, Designer and Execution Team to create the product roadmap, and set release scope and objectives.
- Creating product documentation, user flows, and rough wireframes, and working with designers to refine the customer experience into a polished, shippable product.
- Communicating, translating, and simplifying business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Working with the Technical team to ensure that they understand what the customer wants to achieve, all the way through to detailed specifications.
- Clarifying, identifying, and tracking requirements and issues, removing barriers, resolving project issues and escalating to immediate manager where required.
- Managing project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on time and risk.
- Identifying delivery process improvements and sharing with team members and leadership to drive continuous improvement across the Delivery Organisation.
- Managing client expectations, anticipating tracking and mitigating operational and tactical risks.
- Staying abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, or customer-facing Consultant
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Expert in capturing and communicating high quality requirements to customers and technical teams
- Excellent Communication skills to engage with our customers in a professional and respectful manner as the representative ofBuilder.ai.
- Commercially aware and able to work with Sales to close deals.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A minimum Bachelor Degree, with Product or Project Management experience from an Industry or Consulting background.
Nice to haves
- Experience building and launching an app.
- Experience as a product owner for a customer.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzguOTAuOTUM