Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Cryptowatch .
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
The Business Expansion (BE) function is Kraken’s inorganic growth engine, responsible for identifying and executing transactions that will accelerate the realization of our strategic vision. BE includes our Corporate Development, Business Development, and M&A Integration teams, who collectively work on M&A, joint ventures, partnerships, investments, and a range of other strategic initiatives.
As a Senior Manager on the Business Development team, you’ll lead the formation of strategic partnerships with the potential to drive meaningful value for Kraken. You’ve demonstrated an ability to lead transformational deals from inception to execution, with a long track record of measurable outcomes that speak to the value of your contributions. Simultaneously analytical and gregarious, you’re equally at ease building a complex financial model as you are presenting your work to an executive audience or negotiating critical deal terms with a prospective partner. Finally, you’re known to be an exceptionally strong collaborator and have worked closely with technical and business stakeholders to drive positive business outcomes.
- Lead the entire partnership process including strategy development, market mapping, target assessment, due diligence, integration planning, negotiation and deal execution
- Articulate key value drivers and considerations for potential partnership opportunities in concise deal memos; build consensus across Leadership and the wider organization
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive execution and continuous progress of key initiatives
- Build an extensive network and maintain meaningful relationships to stay on top of key trends and industry developments
- Proficiently communicate the value of working with Kraken to potential partners
Skills You Should HODL
- BA from a top-tier university; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of total experience, including 7+ in Business Development at a hyper-growth technology company (strong preference for crypto and fintech); early career experience in strategy, consulting, investment banking, or PE/VC is a plus
- Exceptional commercial acumen and product instinct
- Exceptional analytical ability, strong attention to detail, and expert written / verbal communication skills – an ability to write clear, compelling presentations and memos and develop sound financial models is a must
- Strong ability to drive consensus and coordinate process with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Operations, Legal, and Marketing
- Self-starter with the ability to originate, plan, and execute initiatives independently
- Proven track record of executing multiple high-value partnership deals, from origination through integration
- Strong understanding and network across Crypto, TradFi and FinTech
Location Tagging: #US #EU #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M