We’re looking for general counsel to join Trust Machines to help us develop a legal strategy and manage all legal matters for the company, partnering with the executive team on strategic decisions. The crypto legal landscape is incredibly quick moving and complex, and this role will be critical in creating frameworks that can accelerate the launches of decentralized apps built on Bitcoin, and company structures that can support the company for the long term. The ideal candidate has experience in the blockchain industry from a legal or regulatory perspective, and experience working with product and business teams alike to further initiatives for the company. As our first in-house counsel, you’ll be responsible for building our regulatory and compliance arm, introducing sustainable processes to the team and taking on work from our third party legal counsel.
What You’ll Do:
- Given the nature of the cryptocurrency and blockchain space, legal and regulatory matters play a highly strategic role in the organization; you’ll be a critical part of a number of critical projects as our company continues to build the new Bitcoin app economy.
- As Legal Counsel on our growing team and project, you’ll work with our CEO, leadership team, and internal team to drive legal direction in a changing regulatory environment.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on everything from product development to launches and business partnerships.
- Manage all varieties of Trust Machines legal and regulatory matters, including managing outside counsel.
- Help Trust Machines build new types of crypto assets using Bitcoin as a settlement layer.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent academic credentials and J.D. or equivalent law degree from a top law school
- You have 10+ years of experience at a top law firm working in a securities or FinTech group.
- Strategic thinker and entrepreneurially minded to tackle key issues in a complex and quickly evolving regulatory landscape
- Excellent communication skills to execute initiatives with partners internally and externally.
- Comfort working across a number of general legal matters, and an affinity for extreme ownership is ideal.
- Interest in building the future of Web 3.0 on Bitcoin, such as DeFi, NFTs, and blockchain based software.
We’d Also Like to See:
- A compelling track record working on projects within the blockchain industry, or out of the box thinking with deal structures or digital asset frameworks.
- In-house experience preferred.
- Experience in the crypto industry strongly preferred.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM