Head of Solutions Engineering
Key Job Responsibilities
- Own technical delivery across the entire lifecycle of a project from pre-commitment to implementation to live support.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of Sales Engineers and Solutions Architects, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting collaboration.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution engineering processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Work closely with the business development team to understand project requirements, pain points, and business objectives, and translate them into effective solution strategies.
- Lead the design and development of comprehensive technical solutions that address the challenges of builders developing on Polygon technologies and align with our product offerings.
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, overseeing project scoping, resource allocation, timelines, and quality assurance.
- Act as a trusted advisor to key projects, providing technical expertise, understanding their business needs, and presenting solutions effectively.
- Partner with the business development team to deliver the following, but not limited to, solution presentations, demonstrations, and proposal development.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing projects, driving high satisfaction, retention, and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Partner with Product Development teams to provide insights from projects, feedback, and recommendations for product enhancements or new features.
- Work closely with the Partner Success team to ensure smooth handoff of solutions and provide ongoing support when needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop compelling collateral, case studies, and thought leadership content.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the solutions engineering domain.
- Utilize market insights to identify new business opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
About the Team
- We are a remote-first, inclusive, multi-cultural team, spanning most of the world’s continents.
- Our primary focus and priority is to have a positive impact on the world by building open and powerful new technologies in the blockchain and crypto space. We are blockchain and crypto maximalists.
- We are a meritocratic organization where your ability to grow and advance in responsibility is judged on your contribution and accomplishments.
- We are a development focused organization where your primary work and priorities will always be to advance the protocol and the health of the Polygon ecosystem.
What you’ll need - Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in solutions engineering, technical pre-sales, or a similar customer-facing role within the technology industry with at least two years of experience in the blockchain or cryptography industry.
- Deep understanding of web3, blockchain, smart contracts and decentralized technologies. More specifically, familiarity and expertise with Etherum, related technologies and rollup protocols is a plus. Experience building on Polygon protocols is a benefit. Experience across the solutions lifecycle from pre-sales through to post-sales implementations.
- Deep familiarity and experience with distributed systems engineering, protocols and architecture.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Capability and desire to act as a player coach and expertise in setting up a function.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of enterprise software solutions, cloud technologies, and software development lifecycles.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM