- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $85 – $95/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long-term.
About the Role
Our client is seeking a talented backend developer with a Ruby background to join our team as they solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space. In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and maintain our API, data processing pipelines, and other backend systems.
- 5+ years of backend development experience on production applications
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs and Webhooks
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills — they use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Familiarity with MVC, API & data mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Datadog
- Knowledge of JSON-API
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and cloud infrastructure management
They’re looking for people who...
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how they work. They value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — They come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Play to win — They want to bring on team members who have a winning attitude and a willingness to think outside the box to get things done.
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers on the implementation of new product features
- Work with external/third party teams to build, debug, and maintain integrations
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production
- Maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Amplitude, Mapbox, and our campground partners
- Update and maintain existing API functionality
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the solution
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM