Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform organizationâs purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platform focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The Compute Engineering team is a part of our larger Platform organization and maintains the physical data centers and Kubernetes-based infrastructure that powers Gemini. As an engineer on this team, youâll work optimizing our infrastructure for High Performance computing (HPC) workloads, architecting and building out Kubernetes as multi-regional deployment for high resiliency, along with defining auxiliary services, like a cohesive service mesh architecture. With users and engineers around the world, reliability, scalability, efficiency and high availability are our teamâs core concerns. You'll be an integral part of leading Geminiâs engineering teams towards modern DevOps practices.
- Maintain a Linux(Debian) fleet of servers.
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes infrastructure (AWS EKS) along with other AWS Cloud services.
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity.
- Optimize Linux Kernel for HPC and low-latency work loads.
- Optimize existing systems/services to improve performance and efficiency.
- Systematically improve availability by applying industry and distributed systems best practices.
- Work cross-functionally across the Platform organization to deliver great infrastructure ergonomics for our engineers.
- As we grow globally, leverage edge computing to bring processing capabilities closer to the end user.
- 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Strong product and customer centric design approach.
- Cloud technologies and providers like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Physical maintenance of servers.
- Containerization and Container orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Service discovery and service mesh technologies such as Istio, Linkerd.
- Infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible, etc.
- Proficient in scripting and/or Python, or Golang.
- Linux kernel tuning and Network host debugging skills.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $152,000 - $213,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.