About Drift Labs
Our goal is to make DEXs the best way to trade derivatives. Despite the decentralized nature of crypto, centralized derivatives exchanges still remain dominant - they're already fast, familiar and reliable.So far, the DEX trading experience hasn't met that standard. Slippage is high for large orders, transferring funds between platforms is subject to massive gas fees, and low liquidity leads to poor pricing.Drift’s goal is to bring a state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
- Design, develop, and maintain core trading infrastructure
- Develop monitoring solutions to ensure system performance in production
- Profile and improve critical code paths to ensure high performance
- Assist in implementing and integrating quantitative trading strategies
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high degree of code quality
Drift is looking for a Trading Systems Engineer to report to our CTO, Head of Research, and Quant engineering team, to lead the development of core trading infrastructure, design and implement quantitative trading strategies, as well as monitor systems and ensure their performance. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Solana stack on cutting-edge technology that revolutionises the way we trade digital assets.
Drift Labs pays a competitive salary with upside potential.
- Low-level understanding of HTTP, HTTP/2 and WebSocket protocols
- Proven experience working with a low-level language (i.e. C/C++/Rust)
- Experience or willingness to work in Rust
- Experience working with an asynchronous and/or multithreaded system
- Sufficient knowledge of maths to implement mathematical concepts in code
Nice to haves
- Experience in algorithmic trading
- Working knowledge of common DeFi patterns
- Experience working with blockchains at the protocol level
- Remote first - work from anywhere, but a home base in Australia or North America is preferable
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology costs
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM