Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Acid.info needs an innovative creative visual designer to join its Technology and Design Studio. The chosen candidate will be tasked with developing and implementing a wide range of digital designs for our websites, from concept development to wireframing and interactive prototypes. Your work should reflect our design philosophy while also pushing our design systemsâ boundaries.
We are building a grassroots movement creating technological alternatives to oppressive systems of societal control. Vehemently anti-censorship, anti-surveillance and anti-authoritarian, we support basic human rights via the creation of opt-in alternatives to traditional power structures.
Working alongside experienced activists, our dream candidate is one who firmly aligns with our political and philosophical ethos. Weâre not looking for someone that is just âinto crypto/web3â but an individual that lives and breathes cypherpunk ideals and shows a passion for disruption through unconventional means.
- Design various visual languages, identities and design directions for different internal brands
- Contribute to our visual language ecosystem and expand our design systems
- Create design sets for swag, social media and other branding mediums
You ideally will have
- A natural creativity with no boundaries in terms of visual imagination
- Good knowledge and understanding of design systems, typography and design layouts
- Experience or interest in building experimental digital projects, such as experimental publishing design, computational design, generative art or memes
- Authenticity in design and the ability to stay away from design trends (especially trends in web3), and yet be able and willing to adopt those >
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to identify and design for user goals
- A strong alignment with our principles
- Experience working for an open-source organization or an organization aligned politically with Status
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience designing publishing mediums, such as online readers, zines, books and online publishing platforms
- Interview with POps team
- Interview with Studio Lead
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline!]