Gallery Media Group is a rapidly growing digital media company whose mission is to “make positivity louder.” Its three key sectors include:
- Media + Publishing: PureWow, a women’s life>
- Social Portfolio: 50+ owned + operated accounts across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, including running TikTok accounts for brand partners
- Talent and Influencer Arm: Strategy and activations ranging from celebrity partnerships and stunts to year long ambassadorships and campaign work across platforms and categories
The Design Director will ensure that all of the organization’s and clients’ creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brands’ goals. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, the design director must be a skilled manager of creatives and/or designers. The design director must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
- Distill abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across GMG brands (e.g., PureWow, ONE37pm, @cocktails, etc) and business units.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to all stakeholders involved, both internally and externally.
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire the design team.
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- A degree in a visual or experiential design discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience directing complex solutions for digital products.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
- A solid grasp of design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture (and counterculture), fluency in current technology (Web3, etc), and a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes (and on the respective social platforms) and current affairs.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Location: New York
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM