OpenSea is hiring a Web3 Director of Engineering, Security
Compensation: $225k - $310k
Director of Engineering, Security
Apply for this job
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
As the Director of Security at OpenSea, you will be responsible for leading our Security organization. In this role you will be managing all aspects of our security function, from App Sec, to Infra Sec and Corp Sec inbetween. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement security strategies, policies, and best practices to protect our platform and its users. The ideal candidate is hands-on and able to offer technical solutions in real time. You can confidently represent your/team’s perspective and articulate tradeoffs to different approaches. You are familiar with running teams at different scales and can adjust your approach as the team grows. You have an opportunity to further shape the team through additional planned headcount.
You will also oversee incident response, our vulnerability management programs, and lead your team in developing new or existing security initiatives. This is a high-impact role that requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of cybersecurity.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive security strategy and roadmap that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage the security team, providing guidance, mentorship, and direction to ensure the team's success.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, legal, and other teams to integrate security best practices into the development and deployment of products and services.
- Identify and assess potential security risks and vulnerabilities associated with the company's platform, systems, and infrastructure.
- Design programs and initiatives to mitigate security risks and increase security hardening.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that security principles are integrated into all aspects of the company's operations.
- Monitor industry trends, emerging threats, and regulatory changes to continuously improve the security program and maintain compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Proven experience (at least 7-10 years) in information security, cybersecurity, or a related role, preferably with a focus on securing digital assets and managing security programs.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Experience leading all aspects of a security program for a company with a proven track record of supporting and partnering with developers and non-technical partners.
- Familiarity with NFT technologies, blockchain, or cryptocurrency security best practices strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to build and lead a high-performing security team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $225,000 to $310,000 plus benefits & equity.
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjEzMS4xNTgM
Remote Web3 Security Expert Jobs
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
$85k - $240k
$80k - $200k
$100k - $211k
💯 Job Guarantee
$114k - $200k
$20k - $100k
Bring your Web3 ideas to life
Winners will share a $225,000 prize pool, VC pitch meetings, and more
$102k - $200k
$60k - $155k
$40k - $100k