We are hiring (our first!) Financial Controller to execute essential controller functions for Optimism. Your role will stretch across fiat and crypto. You’ll work in partnership with the best accounting, technical and legal minds in the space to translate new technology and financial models into interpretable financial statements and compliant tax filings. Welcome to the cutting edge.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Create proper financial and operational controls over accounts, crypto wallets, and critical processes
- Manage external bookkeepers, tax professionals to produce financial statements and prepare tax documents
- Monitor on-chain transactions; reconcile token treasury balances with the assistance of outside vendors
- Create and maintain budgets and forecasts (fiat and crypto)
- Oversee all tax filings—corporate tax returns, franchise, state, and city taxes, 1099-MISC, etc.
- Process payroll (domestic and international, crypto and fiat)
- Supervise accounts payable and receivable
- Execute crypto transfers to pay vendors, employees, etc.
- Respond to financial data requests from investors and regulators (in partnership with Legal)
- Collaborate with HR, Legal and Ops on ad hoc finance, tax or operations related projects
- Possible to add FP&A to the plate for candidates with the skills and appetite
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years experience in an accounting or finance role
- Able to execute under ambiguity, at high velocity
- Self-directed and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Comfort with executing crypto transactions through third-party custody websites (e.g.BitGo, Coinbase, Circle), or an eagerness to learn
- Clear and concise communicator (especially in writing)
- The ideal candidate has an accounting degree, or a degree in a quantitative field, a CPA and 1-2 years of experience in a startup environment (crypto is a big plus)
- Bonus points for FP&A experience and skills in addition to the controller experience and skills
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM