Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Design
In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product experience for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and driven to create the best experience for our customers.
The Role: Product Designer
- Translate business requirements and user research findings into elegant design solutions for complex product problems
- Create deliverables such as user flows, storyboards, wireframes, final UI designs that define the user experience for both our retail and institutional products
- Create prototypes that showcase design concepts and sustainable interaction patterns
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers and other designers in order to develop and implement solutions
- Present and communicate your work clearly to team members and stakeholders
- Quality assurance testing and post-launch modifications
- Contribute to the design system
- Participate in design team operations
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in product design or related occupation
- Thoughtful problem solving; ambition to deeply understand the crypto space and user needs
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding and knowledge of user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, to high fidelity user interfaces
- Comfortable creating deliverables at various levels of fidelity from sketches to wireframes to final designs.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to explain and rationalize your work
- Attentive to details but also comfortable with high level strategic thinking
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize and deliver the highest quality of work on time
- Strong sensibilities in typography, motion, interactive and mobile design
- Experience with Figma, Adobe CC, Google Suite, and similar design software
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $84,000 - $118,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.