Join our small, fiery team on a mission to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age.
Shakepay is reimagining financial services to give every Canadian their fair shake, by making it bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture funds having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial freedom, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
Full Stack Developer
Imagine shaking your phone to instantly earn bitcoin. Our customers might think it’s magic, but if you’re reading this you probably know that it’s not (or is it?). It’s not. It’s our stellar dev team that makes it happen. That shaking idea started as a secret easter-egg for our fledgling customer base, and once word got out about it, we suddenly had to deal with service outages from too many people shaking at the same time.
Of course we’ve since solved that problem, and now with over 1,000,000 shakers (aka “customers''), it’s a core part of our identity—not the shaking, but the idea that we came up with something new and exciting in the slow and boring world of financial services. We’re looking for an intermediate full stack developer to help us reimagine how Canadians build wealth and think about what they can do with their money. Unique ideas and the knowledge and determination to make them a reality: that’s the real magic.
Totally real Shakepay reviews from the future, after you join:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Does Shakepay run on literal magic?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I thought magic wasn’t real. Using Shakepay changed my mind.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Wow, it must’ve taken all 3 genie wishes to make this app!
Oh yeah, we’re a bitcoin platform. In fact, Shakepay is the easiest way for Canadians to buy and earn bitcoin. We’ve got a one of a kind community of shakers (aka “customers”) that keeps on growing, regardless of how the crypto market is doing. They love Shakepay almost as much as they love bitcoin, which is really saying something. To the Bitcoin Golden Age!
You will :
- Participate in building financial products of the future
- Write high quality, well-tested, production level code
- Participate in code reviews
- Collaborate on setting a tech vision for the company
- 5+ years working experience as a software developer
- Be comfortable working across the tech stack
- Killer video-call hangout backgrounds
- A healthy resistance to the use of monkey paws
Nice to have:
- Experience with Node.js, React-Native, Vue, Postgres, Docker
- Experience with building financial apps
- Some bitcoin knowledge
- The secret password to the Cave of Wonders… we think it’s “open seed phrase” or something like that
- Competitive Salary - Base salary for this role will be $150,000 to $190,000 with additional equity options & benefits to make up the total compensation package.
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
Fluency in English is required due to the percentage of English-speaking customers and the nature of our platform, which is available to all Canadians.
Web3 Full Stack Developer Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Full Stack Developer is $120k per year, with a minimum base salary of $60k and a maximum of $237k.
Check more information about Web3 Full Stack Developer Salary.
|Job Position and Company