The venture.studio/ is primarily focused on discovering, experimenting, and building new, industry disruptive opportunities that have the potential to capitalize on changing consumer behaviors over the next 3-10 years. Additionally, every member of the team is empowered to invest in, and partner closely with, external startups that we believe are poised for exponential growth. The team is composed of VCs, founders with multiple exits, and seasoned operators from the likes of Brex, Plaid, Twitter, Eventbrite, and even the White House.
This role provides the rare opportunity to ignite change and disrupt the industry across a multitude of markets, with a specific focus on the future of web3, FinTech, InsurTech, and across Health & Wellness. The role provides all the energy and autonomy of building an early-stage startup, but with the stability and resources backed by the Fortune 100.
- Explore, Identify, and develop new forms of consumer engagement that deliver against consumer problems / needs within identified opportunity spaces.
- Scope, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems, where necessary.
- Debug production issues. Ship every day.
- Develop and execute against our objectives. Make effective tradeoffs that consider experiment priorities, user experience, speed, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Partner with external startups or agencies to help our development scale even faster.
- Teach and mentor junior individual contributors. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance.
- Create distinctive web3 solutions
- Work with the product team to find methods to make web3 projects more memorable and distinct.
- Assist with the conception and execution of some of the world's most innovative web3 projects.
- Lead the technical strategy and development of smart contracts for Venture Studio initiatives.
- Create, deploy, manage, and update smart contracts that enable the Venture Studio ecosystem.
- Create reusable code and libraries for the Venture Studio platform and open source community.
- Read, write and implement white papers & token specifications.
- Optimize contracts for gas costs, sound logic & security.
- Collaborating with engineers and product managers to establish both the long-term vision for the prospects we're investigating and the short-term strategies for our trials.
- Collaborate closely with our user researcher and assist with research projects
- Engaged in the full project lifecycle (Join the Discord!)
Deep Solidity, ERC-20, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 contract expertise, as well as experience deploying applications on the Ethereum network, are required. Adept across different DLTs and languages is a plus.
We're searching for someone who is well- versed in Ethereum development, and who has the following qualities:
- 3+ years of conventional web2 software engineering expertise
- 1 year of experience developing live smart contracts on Etheruem (EVM-compatible chains also a plus)- Participate in open-source spaces
- A deep understanding of smart contracts and blockchain architecture
- Interested in building something unique that has never been done before
- Accountable and able to take ownership of your work from start to finish generate efficient Solidity code
- Knowledge/experience with mobile cryptocurrencies/wallets.
- Extensive familiarity with current coding languages such as Python, Rust, or C++
- Knowledge/experience with: IPFS, Go, Polygon, Typescript, Data Unions, Streamr, Dune Analytics, Ceramic, etc.
- Expertise in code versioning, ie. Git
- Passionate about product and the impact your code has on end-users
- Enjoy working in a cross-functional product team with product, design, and commercial colleagues.
- Ability to communicate well and collaborate with team members and internal/external organization.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Venture Studio focuses on Financial Services, Health and Wellness, Fin Tech, Insurtech, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://venture.studio or find them on Twitter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RNDQuMTkyLjI2LjYwM