Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory & Commercial
Sydney / Australia
Immutable Group/Operations – Legal | Legal & Risk /
Full Time Permanent
Apply for this job
About Us 🚀
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space! 🚀
About The Role 🤔
As the Web3 industry continues to scale, so are we here at Immutable! In this newly created role as Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory & Commercial), you’ll be able to work on some tough and novel workstreams in an exciting and fast-moving industry. You'll be empowered to support and enable our various stakeholder functions across Immutable, ranging from Product & Engineering, Tokens & Data, GTM, Studio, People, Finance and Executive.
We're looking for an experienced lawyer to provide regulatory and general commercial support to our dynamic and fast-growing business, where you'll get an opportunity to work on lots of interesting workstreams and problems. You'll be helping the business to scale in two major ways: (1) supporting our product and engineering teams (from both Platform & Studio) to design innovative blockchain solutions and gaming experiences in a way that is mindful of applicable regulations, and (2) assisting our commercial teams to win business and be the undisputed leader in Web3 gaming. Given this range of work, we are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, adaptable, agile, and excited about scaling and change.
If you are a talented lawyer and excited about having a variety of work, working in a high-performing team and would like to build your expertise in the Web3 space, this is the opportunity for you!
You’ll Be Empowered To 🎮
- Be a trusted partner and adviser to a variety of functions across Immutable
- Instruct and manage external counsel, including budgets
- Review and advise on Immutable’s product, marketing and sales initiatives
- Review, advise on and draft a wide range of general corporate and commercial agreements, including NDAs, vendor agreements including MSAs, software licensing, general T&Cs, etc
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and advise on compliance with applicable laws and regulations in a quickly evolving regulatory landscape. This includes supporting projects and matters relating to digital assets regulation, AML/CTF and privacy issues, including policy and advocacy work
- Assisting in continuous improvement and automation activities and governance projects
We'd Love You To Bring 🤝
- 5-9 years post-admission experience in a renowned law firm or a leading global company
- Significant experience in relation to Financial Services Regulatory, Litigation/Disputes and/or Technology/Blockchain
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape of blockchain companies, including financial crimes, financial services regulations, consumer protection, marketing and privacy regimes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess legal risks and develop effective strategies to mitigate those risks
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including senior management, product, engineering, and marketing
- An understanding of and experience in dealing with regulatory authorities
- Project management capabilities
- A 'can-do' attitude and an ability to own problems and work to quick time frames
- Preference for an Australian-qualified lawyer, but will also consider experience from the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong or the US
Bonus Points For ✅
- Having a genuine interest or experience in web3/blockchain/digital asset technologies
- Specific experience in advising on Australian, US, EU or Asian financial services regulatory regimes and/or familiarity with global digital asset regulations
- In-house experience (including secondments)
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
Join us in shaping the future of web3 gaming!
Apply for this job
Web3 Legal Expert Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Legal Expert is $167k per year, with a minimum base salary of $122k and a maximum of $260k.
Check more information about Web3 Legal Expert Salary.
|Job Position and Company
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇