The Nomic Foundation is a non-profit behind Hardhat, the most widely used Ethereum development environment. We’re dedicated to building open-source infrastructure and tools that empower Ethereum developers to decentralize the world while fostering growth and innovation in the developer ecosystem.
We are a remote team located across Europe, the UK, and the Americas. Most of our work is done asynchronously, relying on written communication. We hire in the European and American time zones to ensure enough overlap between everyone. We’re open to candidates applying within UTC+1 to UTC-5 time zones.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with extensive experience working with systems software to join our team responsible for Slang, our compiler project.
Slang is a modular set of compiler APIs empowering the next generation of Solidity code analysis and developer tooling. Written in Rust and distributed in multiple languages. We just released a version-stable parser, and we are looking into semantic analysis and error recovery next. We are a small team (2 people currently), but we have ambitious plans about Slang and the future of Solidity developer experience.
In this role, you will be:
- Designing and implementing features in the compiler, language specification, and testing infrastructure.
- Writing up user facing documentation and tutorials on how to use Slang.
- Providing code reviews and assistance to other engineers on the team.
- Investigating bug reports and responding to user feedback on GitHub and Telegram.
- Node.js / N-API
- Ethereum / EVM
The skills we look for:
- At least 5 years of experience working on systems software
- 2+ years of working with Rust
- Knowledge and experience with Node.js
- We work remotely and mostly asynchronously, so the ability to take ownership and work with minimal direction is crucial
- As this is an early-stage project, we are seeking a teammate who is comfortable adapting to changing requirements
- Prior experience working in a remote and globally distributed environment
- Experience in leading projects & mentoring other team members
Why is this an exciting opportunity?
- You’ll have a chance to work on a core component of the Ethereum stack and support the entire Ethereum ecosystem to be more productive
- Contribute to Ethereum as a project
- Service the needs of high-profile projects that use Hardhat
- All of your work will be open-source, and you’ll have the chance to collaborate with other open-source projects (both inside and outside Ethereum)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzcuMzEuMTkxM
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
Press send to write a cover letter for this job post. Sign up and fill-up your bio to make it more personal