Web Designer - Creative Services
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team
The Creative Services team at Polkadot is responsible for all public facing websites that showcase the Polkadot brand and sub-brands. We work hard to ensure we follow best practices and uphold the highest standards when it comes to web accessibility, speed, and quality content. If you think you can help us produce award winning web work then we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking someone who is:
- Passionate. You love your craft and you've mastered multiple skills around it.
- A good communicator. You like working with others, have opinions and can articulate your ideas to the team and clients.
- An ideas person. Great things are born from great ideas. Not one, not two but a continuous flow of options and opportunities. You never give up pushing creative boundaries.
- An eye for detail. You can see misalignments, unbalanced layouts, and weird spacing from miles away. It’s your superpower.
- Always optimising. You listen to stakeholders and colleagues and proactively create systems that not only improve current workflows but enable other team members to benefit from them.
- Organised. You take notes, keep track of progress and make sure great things happen on time, at the right quality and on target.
- You understand development. You don't need to know how to code, but you need to understand how developers will bring your designs to life.
- Put things in motion. Have working knowledge of svg and UI animations.
- You love technology. That's why we are all here.
About the position
- Need info from Chris B
- From 3 to 5 years experience in a web (UX) design role.
- Proven track record of designing for web projects.
- Ability to rapidly generate and iterate ideas.
- Ability to drive projects to completion with all due attention to detail and execution.
- Experience in driving simultaneous projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
- Understanding of design systems and production specifications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Power-user with Figma design tool.
- Ability to lead other designers.
Further Relevant Experience:
- Tech industry experience and software products a bonus
- Familiarity in the blockchain space.
- SVG animation working knowledge
- CSS working knowledge.
- Data visualisation skills.
- Illustration Skills
- You’ll be creative and make content and webpages visually exciting.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team to provide support to web production.
- Communicate design decisions with team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a guardian of excellent user experience and uphold brand values.
- Operate in a small and friendly team of web developers, designers, and content creators.
- Create integrated experiences where brand, interaction, and tech complement one another.
- Prototype designs in order to validate them with internal stakeholders before they go into development.
- Build consistent multi-page user flows and designs from pre-existing UI components.
- Understand and critique briefs constructively so that coherent information architecture is maintained and advanced.
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Parity is a remote first company. You may work +/-5 hours from Central European time zone, US based candidates must be located in the Eastern Time Zone
- You may also co-work in our hubs in Berlin, London, or Lisbon
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEyLjE1NwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $54k - $77k *
Location: BE Berlin, Berlin, Germany
This job is closed
Benefits: Company Retreats
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 Designer Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Designer is $118k per year, with a minimum base salary of $50k and a maximum of $220k.
Check more information about Web3 Designer Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Toronto, Canada|| ||Apply|
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates|| ||Apply|