Consensys is Hiring a Web3 Web3 QA Engineer
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product. Where our interactions are based on consent, privacy, and people freely associating with one another. Where communities can flourish and individuals can pursue their dreams. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 more accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a blockchain wallet and a gateway to the entire decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, survive from economic turmoil, and more use cases than we can even predict. We exist across multiple platforms (browser extension and mobile), and we serve the whole decentralized ecosystem.
MetaMask has more than 10 million users across our browser extension and mobile app and our user base is growing fast. To give these users the best possible access to the world of web3, we are working to make MetaMask more robust, intuitive, delightful, stable and secure. We’re hiring Web3 QA Engineers to join our highly collaborative team in making this happen.
We are looking for people for whom the following is true:
- You have at least 1 year professional experience in a QA Engineer role
- You are passionate about blockchain technology, and have lots of experience as a user of cryptocurrency/web3 wallets
We will be hiring QA engineers for many areas:
- Both our browser extension and mobile app
- Hardware wallet integrations
- Dapp developer APIs
- Upcoming features that aim to make MetaMask extensible
- New features and integrations in areas such as Defi, NFTs, Layer 2 networks, and tokens
- Security engineering
Across all areas, you’ll be working with multiple web3 technologies, working to keep people’s funds safe and secure, and collaborating with engineers and designers to create the best product possible.
Who We Are Looking For
The QA Engineers we hire will:
- Quickly become deeply familiar with MetaMask and its many features and use cases
- Perform features analysis to create detailed test plans and test cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end-to-end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about UX design, technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
Successful candidates will be proficient, or be able to quickly become proficient, in the following areas:
At least 1 year professional experience in a QA Engineer role
- A basic understanding of how ethereum works
- Familiarity with concepts important to ethereum wallet UX. Key concepts include: seed phrases and private keys, accounts, ethereum addresses, transactions, gas,
- Functional and release regression testing
- Manual testing
- Pull request review from a QA perspective
- Writing automated e2e tests
Preference will be given to candidates who have at least some past experience working on mobile products, but this is not strictly required.
|About ConsenSys Software
ConsenSys Software is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.