Quality Assurance Jobs in Web3
579 jobs found
About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to help scale up ZeroHash’s engineering platform. We are a high-performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate. The right candidate for this role has a strong technical background with a very good understanding of testing best practices.
- Advocate for quality best practices, coach engineers on testing methodologies, and develop a quality strategy for your product line
- Collaborate with product managers and the engineering team to create test plans for feature releases
- Act as tech lead on large testing initiatives, such as a new e2e testing suite
- Perform manual exploratory testing as needed
- Gate release of features to higher environments and own post-release testing and validation
- Own the bug backlog and work with external stakeholders to triage incoming issues
- Leverage open source libraries and frameworks to create a toolset tailor made for the team’s problem space to accelerate automated test creation
- Audit and create approach to improve existing testing automation incrementally
- Support engineers in writing functional, integration, and smoke tests where capacity permits
After 30-60 days in this role I will have
- Gained understanding of the business context, user journeys, and business processes that my squad owns
- Worked with with product managers, and operations, and engineering to identify the highest risk user journeys or types of changes and have implemented a handful of quick wins to improve the quality of our releases
- Started on a testing strategy that can be implemented across my product line
- Met and begin collaborating with peers on other team within the quality practice
After 6 months in this role I will have
- Created and started implementation of a testing strategy that is specific to the products that I work on
- Helped safely released one or more new significant features into production and my contributions will have guarded against regressions in existing features while also providing confidence in the changes we make to the feature in the future
- Implemented the testing strategy I’ve developed for my product line
- Shared idea, learnings, and techniques within the quality practices and helps the organization level up it’s approach to quality engineering
- Experience defining and implementing a testing strategy for a product line across multiple squads
- Strong and well thought out opinions on what to test, how to test, and experience-backed perspective on how to balance risk, effort, and value when it comes to balancing manual testing with automated testing
- Experience in designing and building test harnesses with BDD >
- Experience with tooling and techniques to generate synthetic test data that either mimics production data or is de-identified production data
- Proficiency with Golang, distributed systems, event-driven architectures
- Expertise with popular AWS services such as EKS, Lambdas, RDS, and SQS
We believe a happy, motivated, and healthy team is the best way to succeed. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is a crypto-as-a-service API that enables any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs, yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of crypto-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, Tastytrade. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, Tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzcuMzIuMTUM
What is a QA in a job?
QA stands for Quality Assurance, which is a process or department in a company responsible for ensuring that products or services meet a certain level of quality
In a job, QA may refer to the role of a Quality Assurance Engineer or a Software Testing Engineer, who is responsible for designing and implementing quality control procedures to ensure that products or services meet the company's quality standards
A QA Engineer may be involved in various stages of the product or service development cycle, from designing and planning quality control procedures to executing testing and analysis to identify and address issues or defects
They may also work closely with other departments, such as engineering, product management, and customer support, to ensure that customer needs are met and that products or services meet the desired level of quality
In the context of Web3, Quality Assurance (QA) refers to the process of testing decentralized applications (DApps), smart contracts, and other blockchain-based solutions to ensure their functionality, security, and performance
The role of a QA Engineer in Web3 may involve designing and implementing testing strategies to identify and fix bugs, vulnerabilities, and other issues that could affect the user experience, data integrity, or network security
Some of the specific responsibilities of a QA Engineer in Web3 may include:
- Developing test cases and scenarios for DApps, smart contracts, and other blockchain-based solutions
- Conducting automated and manual testing to identify and fix issues
- Collaborating with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure the quality of the product
- Ensuring that DApps and smart contracts are compatible with different blockchain networks and standards
- Contributing to the development of tools and frameworks for testing Web3 applications.