What we’re looking for
- 3 years of experience in responsive website design (flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, prototypes) with examples of shipped products
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of UI design and visual design principles (hierarchy, typography, color, contrast, balance, negative space)
- Proficiency in Figma (design and prototyping), Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Web3 knowledge appreciated, but not required
- UX skills appreciated, but not required
What you’ll do
- Design user interfaces and the occasional graphic for our blog posts
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to define problems, map user flows, create design systems, design interfaces, and prototype interactions
- Proactively solicit feedback from fellow creatives and cross-disciplinary partners
This job is a great fit if...
- You want to work with people that care. Working at the labs is a vibe. We’re not just looking for someone to fill a role, we’re looking for someone who wants to vibe with us.
- You love typography. We believe that designers who understand typography tend to understand good design. You have a favorite typeface, but more importantly, you know how to pick a typeface that matches a brand.
- You love making design systems. Reusable components are your jam and auto-layout is second nature to you.
- You obsess over details. 1-pixel vs. 2-pixel spacings matter to you.
- You care about developer handoff. You love going the extra mile to make sure that files handed off to developers are deliberate, consistent, and well documented.
- You are organized. Layer names like “Frame 132” and “Rectangle 42” bug you, and you love organizing and labeling elements in a way that makes sense for designers and developers.
- You love experimenting. Web3 is an emerging field, and design patterns haven’t converged into best practices yet. Best practices are good to know, but the willingness to experiment goes a long way. Embrace your hacker spirit.
- You love learning. We’re building new markets and economies with fundamentally different technology. The best designers are good storytellers, and curiosity about economics, blockchain, and regenerative finance will help you craft better narratives.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Unique and creative office space in Berlin for creating and hacking
- A leadership team that embraces creativity and gives you space to explore and grow
- Coaching in blockchain, web3, economics, regenerative finance, and UX
- A welcoming and inclusive culture where team members can collaborate, unite around a common goal, and take pride in doing the best work of their careers
Curve Labs focuses on Governance, Cooperative, Economics, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.curvelabs.eu/
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RNDQuMjAxLjY4Ljg2M