Drift Protocol is hiring a Web3 Head of Community / Community Manager
United States; Singapore; Remote; Sydney, Australia
Drift is a leading derivatives exchange on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. Within 39 days of trading, Drift transacted our first $1 billion of volume on the platform.
The Drift team is seeking a Head of Community/ Community Manager to support our rapid growth and will often be the first line of contact to engage with the Drift community.
Community Manager Roles and Responsibilities
Social channels management (Twitter, Discord):
Twitter: We are looking for someone who will wake up and go to bed thinking about how to grow engagement on Twitter. They should be well-versed in the latest news / trends regarding crypto and DeFi. This individual should have practice scaling a social media account from scratch. They will be responsible for tweeting, scheduling and facilitating Twitter Spaces, and forging partnerships with thought leaders in the space to drive the Drift brand
Discord: We have a community 11K strong and are looking for someone to grow community loyalty. They will be responsible for tasks including collecting feedback, soliciting product improvement ideas, generating excitement about new market releases, sharing news, stimulating conversation about DeFi on our platform, and curating private events and hangouts.
Across both channels, this individual will be the point of contact to monitor and report on social sentiment on a daily basis. Tasks may include: competitor analysis, proactively identifying markets to list, surfacing relevant news / trends to the team, escalating potential crises, and sharing major complaints that warrant response.
This individual will not be the point of contact for responding to individual customer complaints/inquiries, but will liaise with mods and cluster them into trends for the team to understand.
Performance measurement & management:
- Set goals for both Twitter and Discord. Track program performance goals through data measurement tools and dashboards, focusing on engagement
- Implement new technologies across Twitter and Discord to improve performance
The ideal candidate should embody the following characteristics:
Existing community management experience:
- Practice scaling Twitter and/or Discord communities with significant follower bases (100K+)
- Consistency in responding to messages quickly and - comprehensively
- An attitude of openness and inclusion--Drift Protocol seeks to build community with people across all backgrounds (country, race, gender, religion, etc)
- A global mindset--ideally someone who has either worked internationally or had experience managing a global community
Crypto / Trading expertise:
- Knowledge and passion for trading, with preference for DeFi trading
- A strong voice that is casual enough to resonate with the DeFi audience while still exuding professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to operate autonomously in an unstructured start-up environment
Data analytics chops:
- Ability to maneuver social media tools to glean trends, statistics, and insights
- Experience presenting data-driven community insights to team members